Sunday, April 28, 2013

Journal 8


Journal 8

            Coming into this semester, I wasn’t too sure as to what the curriculum would consist of. I have had several friends tell me that ENC 1102 would consist of a lot of research papers. To my surprise, it was complete opposite. Professor Warren addressed the class with a new twist to this course, film reviewing and blogging. I must admit that I wasn’t too thrilled with the film reviewing portion because I just finished taking a film class the semester before. The last thing I wanted to do was to watch and critique films again. Once we watched our first film and she explained the different options and freedoms we have to express ourselves, I became an instant fan of her system. There really is no right or wrong way to add in your content, as long as it is grammatically correct with the right format.

            When addressing the blogging portion of the course, many of us have never blogged, so I wasn’t really sure how this would work. Professor Warren walked us through the steps to setting up a blog account, and we were off to the races. Once we finished our film review essay, we had to post onto our blog account, than we were required to review and comment on at least three other essays. The cool thing I enjoyed about this is that I could see the different perspective another student had on the same film. I actually found it quite intriguing that another student was able to express totally different views on the same film, along with adding personal experiences. On our blog accounts, we could upload a picture, so not only was a reading an essay, I was able to put a face with the work.

            Overall, with Professor Warren leading the way, I had a great experience with this course She brings a lot of enthusiasm, which makes it student friendly. With the way the film reviewing and blogging is set up, I wouldn’t change a thing. I really enjoyed this course. Thanks Professor Warren!!

No comments:

Post a Comment